Check in with Matt and Jay on their site at CareyandCoffey.com.
|Subscribe to The Frontstretch Newsletter|
Tuesday October 7, 2008
Cat Racing/Dave Blaney Event Preview
Lowe’s Motor Speedway
Bank of America 500
Lowe’s Motor Speedway Notes
· Lowe’s Chassis…The No. 22 Bill Davis Racing team plans to utilize chassis No. 47 for the Bank of America 500 this weekend at Lowe’s Motor Speedway. This is the team’s workhorse and was most recently run at Kansas Speedway and Dover (Del.) International Raceway.
· Blaney’s Career Stats…Dave Blaney will make his 298th career NASCAR Sprint Cup Series start when the green flag waves Saturday evening. He made his first career Cup Series start in October 1992 at [Rockingham] North Carolina Speedway and finished 40th (qualified 30th) in his first Cup Series start at the 1.5-mile superspeedway in 2000. Like this weekend, Blaney was aboard a BDR-owned machine.
· Blaney at LMS…Blaney has made 17 Cup Series starts at the 1.5-mile track during his career. The veteran driver has started as high as eighth (2003 and 2007) and has finished as high as sixth (2007). Blaney has scored four top-15 finishes at the Concord, N.C., track in his Cup Series career and hasn’t finished outside the top 20 in two years. He has competed in 14 NASCAR Nationwide Series events at the track and has two pole positions to his credit. He also scored his first Nationwide Series win there in 2006.
· BDR at LMS…Competitors driving Bill Davis Racing-owned cars have been racing at Lowe’s Motor Speedway since 1993 and have made 43 starts. BDR drivers have three top-five finishes and 12 top-10 finishes at the track.
· Bring Your Sharpie…Look for Blaney to stop by the Caterpillar/Toyota Racing merchandise hauler to sign autographs this weekend. Please check with the trailer for exact times. Blaney will also make an appearance at Toyota PitPass Saturday afternoon.
· Watch and Listen…Qualifying for the event is scheduled to start at 7:10 p.m. ET, Thursday, Oct. 9. The 334-lap race is scheduled to start at 7:20 p.m. ET, Saturday, Oct. 11, and will broadcast LIVE on ABC (TV), PRN (radio) and Sirius Satellite Radio.
Blaney’s Thoughts on the Bank of America 500…“We had a pretty good run at Lowe’s Motor Speedway in the spring, and we think we had a decent test there a couple of weeks ago, so we’re hopeful this Caterpillar Toyota can qualify near the front and stay there this weekend. We’ve got chassis No. 47 ready to go, and it’s been good to us in the past, so we’ll go out there and see what we can do.”
This report was provided by an outside PR source and posted by Kim DeHaven.
©2000 - 2008 Kim DeHaven and Frontstetch.com. Thanks for visiting the Frontstretch!