Check in with Matt and Jay on their site at CareyandCoffey.com.
|Subscribe to The Frontstretch Newsletter|
Tuesday October 14, 2008
Cat Racing/Dave Blaney Event Preview
Tums QuikPak 500
Martinsville Speedway Notes
· Martinsville’s Machine…The No. 22 Bill Davis Racing team plans to utilize chassis No. 69 for the Tums QuikPak 500 this weekend at Martinsville (Va.) Speedway. This car has been race on one prior occasion at [Loudon] New Hampshire International Speedway.
· A Day in Nashville…Dave Blaney and the Caterpillar Racing team will spend Wednesday testing at Nashville (Tenn.) Superspeedway in preparation for several upcoming events on the NASCAR Sprint Cup schedule.
· Blaney’s Career Stats…Blaney will make his 299th career NASCAR Sprint Cup Series start when the green flag waves Sunday afternoon. He made his first Cup Series start in October 1992 at [Rockingham] North Carolina Speedway and finished 41st (qualified 20th) in his first Cup Series start at the .526-mile short track in 2000. Like this weekend, Blaney was aboard a BDR-owned machine.
· Blaney at Martinsville…Blaney has made 15 Cup Series starts at the .526-mile oval during his career. He has started as high as sixth (2006) and finished as high as 16th (2005). He has scored four top-20 finishes in Cup Series competition at the speedway and has qualified inside the top 10 twice.
· BDR at Martinsville…Competitors driving Bill Davis Racing-owned cars have been racing at Martinsville Speedway since 1993 and have made 37 starts. Those drivers have posted two top-five finishes and three top-10 finishes at the track.
· Another New Addition…BDR General Manager Marty Gaunt and his wife Cindy welcomed son Parker Martin to the family last Thursday. Parker weighed in at 6 pounds, 14 ounces, and is the first child for the couple.
· Watch and Listen…Qualifying for the event is scheduled to start at 3:30 p.m. ET, Friday, Oct. 17. The 500-lap race is scheduled to start at 1:30 p.m. ET, Sunday, Oct. 19, and will broadcast LIVE on ABC (TV), MRN (radio) and Sirius Satellite Radio.
Blaney’s Thoughts on the Tums QuikPak 500…“We were running pretty well last time we were in Martinsville, before we ran into problems, so we’re looking forward to getting our Caterpillar Camry back there for another shot at it. We’ve been struggling for the past couple of weeks, and we’d like to get ourselves back on track before the end of the season. It would mean a lot to everyone on this team to finish out the season strong.”
This report was provided by an outside PR source and posted by Kim DeHaven.
©2000 - 2008 Kim DeHaven and Frontstetch.com. Thanks for visiting the Frontstretch!