Check in with Matt and Jay on their site at CareyandCoffey.com.
|Subscribe to The Frontstretch Newsletter|
Tuesday October 28, 2008
Cat Racing/Dave Blaney Event Preview
Texas Motor Speedway
Texas Motor Speedway Notes
· Texas’ Ride…The No. 22 Bill Davis Racing team plans to utilize chassis No. 47 for the Dickies 500 this weekend at Texas Motor Speedway. The team is once again turning to its workhorse. This Camry has been utilized on many occasions this season, most recently in the event at Lowe’s Motor Speedway (Concord, N.C.) several weeks ago.
· Blaney’s Career Stats…Dave Blaney will make his 301st career NASCAR Sprint Cup Series start this weekend when the green flag waves for the start of the Dickies 500. He made his first Cup Series start in October 1992 at [Rockingham] North Carolina Speedway and finished 22nd (qualified 24th) in his first Cup Series start in Texas in 2000. Like this weekend, Blaney was aboard a BDR-owned machine.
· Blaney at TMS…Blaney has made 12 Cup Series starts at the 1.5-mile speedway during his career. He has started as high as 12th (2005) and finished as high as sixth (2001). Blaney has scored three top-15 finishes in Cup Series competition at the speedway.
· BDR at TMS…Competitors driving Bill Davis Racing-owned cars have been racing at Texas Motor Speedway since it opened in 1997 and have made 21 starts. Those drivers have posted two top-10 finishes at the track.
· Caraway Calling…Blaney and the No. 22 BDR team spent Tuesday morning testing at Caraway Speedway in Asheboro, N.C., shaking down chassis No. 81 for the upcoming event at Phoenix International Raceway.
· Detour to Arkansas…Instead of heading straight from the BDR hanger in Greensboro, N.C., to the Fort Worth, Texas, area Thursday afternoon, the Caterpillar crew will make a detour to Bill and Gail Davis’ ranch in Concord, Ark. The team will experience first-hand the festivities surrounding the second annual Chimney Rock 500 Cattle Sale, which will take place Oct. 30-31. Last year, Lot 134, CRC’s Blaney 99S10, a Brangus bull named for BDR driver Dave Blaney, was the highest-selling bull at the event.
· Watch and Listen…Qualifying for the event is scheduled to start at 4:40 p.m. ET, Friday, Oct. 31. The 334-lap race is scheduled to start at 3:30 p.m. ET, Sunday, Nov. 2, and will broadcast LIVE on ABC (TV), PRN (radio) and Sirius Satellite Radio.
Blaney’s Thoughts on the Dickies 500…“Obviously, there are only three races left in this season, and we’d certainly like to finish it out strong not only for everyone at Bill Davis Racing, but for all of our sponsors too. Caterpillar has been such a strong supporter of our program for so many years, and it would be nice to be able to celebrate a couple of really good finishes before the season is over. We were certainly hoping for better things this year and we’ve struggled here lately, but we’ve still got three to go and we’re working as hard as ever week in and week out.”
This report was provided by an outside PR source and posted by Kim DeHaven.
©2000 - 2008 Kim DeHaven and Frontstetch.com. Thanks for visiting the Frontstretch!