Saturday August 11, 2012
Brad Smith of Belton, Mo., mirrored his winning effort in June as he wheeled his USRA B-Mod to a second straight Industrial Material Surplus Iron Man Challenge victory at the Valley Speedway in Grain Valley, Mo., Thursday night.
Polesitter Jacob Ebert of Oak Grove, Mo., took control at the drop of the green flag and paced a wild, three-car battle for the first seven laps between himself, Smith and Mike Higley of Tecumseh, Kan.
Smith finally found a way around the outside of Ebert and claimed the top spot with eight laps in the books. From there, Smith broke away and led the final 12 laps to the checkered flag while the other two continued their heated battle all the way to the finish line with Higley getting the runner-up paycheck at the end of 20 orbits.
The win was worth $500 to Smith, who also captured the Iron Man trophy when the series joined the USMTS Modifieds last month at the Lakeside Speedway in Kansas City, Kan.
Cody Brill of Harrisonville, Mo., took fourth and points leader Trevor Hunt of Liberty, Mo., came from 14th on the starting grid to round out the top 5 finishers.
Sixth through tenth, respectively, were Bryan Montgomery, Jared Timmerman, Ralph Reuscher, Allen Bush and Brad Montgomery.
The Industrial Material Surplus Iron Man Challenge returns to action on Friday, Aug. 17, at the Mississippi Thunder Speedway in Fountain City, Wis., with both USRA Stock Cars and USRA B-Mods on the card.
To learn more about the USRA, visit www.usraracing.com or call 515-832-6000. You can also like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/usraracing or follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/usraracing.
American Racer USRA Weekly Racing Series
Industrial Material Surplus Iron Man Challenge
Valley Speedway, Grain Valley, Mo.
Thursday, Aug. 9, 2012
Showing finishing position, starting position in parentheses, car number, driver, hometown and money won. All heat race finishers advanced to the “A” Main with the top 8 redrawing for starting positions.
Heat #1 (8 laps):
1. (2) 21 Scotty Martin, Independence, Mo.
2. (3) 94 Jacob Ebert, Oak Grove, Mo.
3. (7) 99 Brad Smith, Belton, Mo.
4. (4) 9jr Ralph Reuscher, Kansas City, Mo.
5. (6) 22b Allen Bush, Odessa, Mo.
6. (5) 10 Brad Montgomery, Bates City, Mo.
7. (1) 77 Kit Bailey, Smithville, Mo.
Heat #2 (8 laps):
1. (6) 11 Mike Higley, Tecumseh, Kan.
2. (1) 25b Adam Bush, Grain Valley, Mo.
3. (5) 96 Cody Brill, Harrisonville, Mo.
4. (3) 33 Bryan Montgomery, Bates City, Mo.
5. (4) 7+ Jared Timmerman, Norwalk, Iowa.
6. (2) 40 John Raynes, Odessa, Mo.
7. (7) 99h Trevor Hunt, Liberty, Mo.
“A” Main (20 laps):
1. (5) 99 Brad Smith, Belton, Mo., $500.
2. (2) 11 Mike Higley, Tecumseh, Kan., $400.
3. (1) 94 Jacob Ebert, Oak Grove, Mo., $300.
4. (6) 96 Cody Brill, Harrisonville, Mo., $250.
5. (14) 99h Trevor Hunt, Liberty, Mo., $200.
6. (7) 33 Bryan Montgomery, Bates City, Mo., $170.
7. (10) 7+ Jared Timmerman, Norwalk, Iowa, $140.
8. (3) 9jr Ralph Reuscher, Kansas City, Mo., $120.
9. (9) 22b Allen Bush, Odessa, Mo., $110.
10. (11) 10 Brad Montgomery, Bates City, Mo., $100.
11. (12) 40 John Raynes, Odessa, Mo., $90.
12. (4) 25b Adam Bush, Grain Valley, Mo., $80.
13. (13) 77 Kit Bailey, Smithville, Mo., $75.
14. (8) 21 Scotty Martin, Independence, Mo., $75.
Lap Leaders: Ebert 1-7, Smith 8-20.
Points Standings: Hunt 1082, Timmerman 891, Ben Kates 836, Tyler Droste 641, Nick Roberts 467, Jason Schlangen 461, Nick Newton 454, Ebert 386, Smith 378, Josh Bonnstetter 360.
Next Race: Friday, Aug. 17, Mississippi Thunder Speedway, Fountain City, Wis.
NEW YEAR? NEW NEWSLETTER. LOOKING FOR THE INFO YOU NEED ABOUT NASCAR IN 2013 – SENT RIGHT TO YOUR EMAIL INBOX?
Well, you’ve come to the right place. The Frontstretch Newsletter gives you more of the daily news, commentary, and racing features from your favorite writers you know and love. Don’t waste another minute – click here to sign up and get all the information you need. We’re here to make sure you stay informed … so make sure you jump on for the ride!
This report was provided by an outside PR source and posted by Mike Neff.
©2000 - 2008 Mike Neff and Frontstetch.com. Thanks for visiting the Frontstretch!