Find tons of cheap tickets to 2013 speedway races like Talladega NASCAR schedule, Brickyard 400 at Indy Motor Speedway, Michigan Speedway Racing plus the full 2013 Monster Jam schedule
Check in with Matt and Jay on their site at CareyandCoffey.com.
|Subscribe to The Frontstretch Newsletter|
Frontstretch Top Ten · Thomas Bowles · Wednesday September 17, 2008
10. 34 spelled backwards is 43 — and that’s 27 less points.
9. Getting stuck in an elevator with Steve Wallace, no weapons, and his hands tied behind his back.
8. Missing his plane and having to drive to the Boston airport after the race — all the way down Route 106.
7. Three words : Juan Pablo Montoya — who’s otherwise referred to by his nickname: Michael McDowell.
6. No dry cleaning bill to worry about this week for getting those pesky champagne stains out of his driving suit.
5. He could have called his girlfriend by the wrong name. Oops! Forgot he already knows how that feels …
4. NASCAR could have thrown a competition caution just to let every driver in the field pay him back.
3. Spinning car stops in front of Dale Earnhardt, Jr. trailer in the infield — after everyone just finished a 12 pack.
2. Teammate Tony Stewart’s crew could have handled his pit stops. Then he’d have never reentered the race!
1. Losing your 208-point lead due to some ridiculous playoff format. Oh, hold on just a minute…
NEW YEAR? NEW NEWSLETTER. LOOKING FOR THE INFO YOU NEED ABOUT NASCAR IN 2013 – SENT RIGHT TO YOUR EMAIL INBOX?
Well, you’ve come to the right place. The Frontstretch Newsletter gives you more of the daily news, commentary, and racing features from your favorite writers you know and love. Don’t waste another minute – click here to sign up and get all the information you need. We’re here to make sure you stay informed … so make sure you jump on for the ride!
©2000 - 2008 Thomas Bowles and Frontstetch.com. Thanks for visiting the Frontstretch!
Darn near my favorite race of the year! Couldn’t have scripted it better myself, except for the part where Chrissy Wallace pummels the jerk…
Recent articles from Tom Bowles:
Did You Notice? ... NASCAR's Gamble, New Talent And Drivers To Watch
Did You Notice? ... The Land Of The Same Opportunities
Did You Notice? ... The Underdogs Deserve A Shot, Too
Did You Notice? ... 2013 Driver Report Cards
Did You Notice? ... The Evolution Of An Ending, Double Duty's Drought And Charlotte Controversy
If you want to know more about Tom Bowles or to view all of his articles here at the Frontstretch, check out his archive and bio page.
Want even more Tom Bowles? Check out Tom's archive at SI.com.