Editor’s Note: Jeff Meyer is off this week, so in place of a new column, we leave you with one of his hilarious outtakes from 2006. This column appeared over the summer, once Kurt Busch‘s Chase hopes faded into thin air.
10. Laughter ensues from Busch being eliminated at Bristol, of all places; “angels” do not like to be mocked!
9. Honeymoon is over! Marriage annulled! (See “No Loser Clause” of Eva’s prenuptial agreement)
8. Announces he has signed a contract to drive a Toyota for Michael Waltrip Racing in 2008. Cites a higher percentage of souvenir sales a major reason for the move.
7. Civilians, distraught that Rusty Wallace gave up the No. 2 in the first place, take aim at Wallace in his street car.
6. Investors of Kurt Busch Halloween costumes put on immediate suicide watch.
5. 36 of 75,000,000 NASCAR fans can now devote their full attention to the NFL.
(Note: 36 is the number of “rumored” Kurt Busch fans. Most are unconfirmed).
4. Penske announces the signing of Wahd Burton to drive the No. 2 Miller Lite Dodge in 2008 (possibly sooner).
3. Miller Brewing Company must scrap a multi-million dollar ad campaign set to tout Miller Lite as the perfect “chaser.”
2. Reportedly, Jack Roush seeks treatment at area hospital for “sore cheek syndrome” from unrelenting smile.
1. Plans for Kurt to star in a special guest appearance on Nip/Tuck completely scuttled. Kyle Busch named as a more suitable candidate.