10. Metal canister filled with strange liquids that rolled out of David Reutimann‘s car after his crash.
9. Kyle Busch‘s hedge trimmer; he forgot he took it with him for a quick shave before the race.
8. Nail from coffin used for Michael Waltrip‘s season.
7. Paper shredder used by Dale Earnhardt Jr. to rip up DEI contract after engine failure.
5. Shock absorber which “mysteriously” broke off Jeff Gordon‘s Chevrolet. Miraculously, another one appeared just in time for post-race inspection!
4. Dale Jarrett‘s rearview mirror, thrown out the window due to lack of use.
3. Cell phone carelessly thrown away by fan, mistakenly thinking it was useless after hearing “Cingular Is The New AT&T.”
2. Bullet shot by sniper standing on top of U.S. Army pit box.
1. Actually, the tire just went flat, but when Goodyear’s involved, you’re contractually obligated to say “debris.”
About the author
The author of Bowles-Eye View (Mondays) and Did You Notice? (Wednesdays) Tom spends his time overseeing Frontstretch’s 30 staff members as its majority owner. Based in Philadelphia, Bowles is a two-time Emmy winner in NASCAR television and has worked in racing production with FOX, TNT, and ESPN while appearing on-air for SIRIUS XM Radio and FOX Sports 1's former show, the Crowd Goes Wild.
A daily email update (Monday through Friday) providing racing news, commentary, features, and information from Frontstretch.com
We hate spam. Your email address will not be sold or shared with anyone else.