10. “Dude, I can’t hear a word you say… are you sure you have the radio on?”
9. Running water noises in his well-hydrated ear near the end of a long race on a cool night.
8. (Speaking to the spotter) “JimBob. I know it is October, but you shouldn’t wear your Halloween mask while spotting at Talladega.”
7. “Did you say something? This race was so boring, I dozed off for a few laps.”
6. After every radio transmission, ask him, “Would you like fries with that?”
5. “OH MY GOD, LOOK OUT FOR THAT BIG WRECK!… Just Kidding!”
4. “Don’t tell you know who about the new guy that will be driving the car next week.”
3. “Dude, Tony Stewart‘s behind you again, and he looks pissed.”
2. (From the spotter getting in on the act) “Crap, I lost a contact, Can anyone see what’s going on out there? All I see is a big, colorful blur…”
1. “Bud, you won’t believe this, but the team chef used Ex-Lax in the brownies.”
About the author
The Frontstretch Staff is made up of a group of talented men and women spread out all over the United States and Canada. Residing in 15 states throughout the country, plus Ontario, and widely ranging in age, the staff showcases a wide variety of diverse opinions that will keep you coming back for more week in and week out.
A daily email update (Monday through Friday) providing racing news, commentary, features, and information from Frontstretch.com
We hate spam. Your email address will not be sold or shared with anyone else.