10. 34 spelled backwards is 43 – and that’s 27 less points.
9. Getting stuck in an elevator with Steve Wallace, no weapons and his hands tied behind his back.
8. Missing his plane and having to drive to the Boston airport after the race – all the way down Route 106.
6. No dry cleaning bill to worry about this week for getting those pesky champagne stains out of his driving suit.
5. “He could have called his girlfriend by the wrong name. Oops! Forgot he already knows how that feels…
4. NASCAR could have thrown a competition caution just to let every driver in the field pay him back.
3. Spinning car stops in front of Dale Earnhardt Jr. trailer in the infield – after everyone just finished a 12-pack.
2. Teammate Tony Stewart‘s crew could have handled his pit stops. Then he’d have never reentered the race!
1. Losing your 208-point lead due to some ridiculous playoff format. Oh, hold on just a minute…
About the author
The author of Bowles-Eye View (Mondays) and Did You Notice? (Wednesdays) Tom spends his time overseeing Frontstretch’s 30 staff members as its majority owner. Based in Philadelphia, Bowles is a two-time Emmy winner in NASCAR television and has worked in racing production with FOX, TNT, and ESPN while appearing on-air for SIRIUS XM Radio and FOX Sports 1's former show, the Crowd Goes Wild.
A daily email update (Monday through Friday) providing racing news, commentary, features, and information from Frontstretch.com
We hate spam. Your email address will not be sold or shared with anyone else.