10. According to Ford, Texas Motor Speedway is more akin to “highway driving” than, say, Martinsville.
8. Most of the time, Carl was so far ahead, he was coming downhill out of the banking while everyone else was going up.
7. The team secretly used something else besides Sunoco, the Official Fuel of NASCAR.
6. He did it just to piss off teammate Marty Feldman… I mean, Greg Biffle. (Did you see Biff’s eyes in his post-race interview!)
5. The team dipped into their standard “burn out reserve” that they automatically figure into Carl’s fuel calculations.
4. Bush’s Baked Beans.
3. When you draft behind lapped traffic, of course you will save gas.
2. When the “Cat in the Hat” is on your box, magical things happen.
1. Maybe, just maybe, racers like Gordon and Edwards are a bit more talented than, say… Biffle and others?!
About the author
The Frontstretch Staff is made up of a group of talented men and women spread out all over the United States and Canada. Residing in 15 states throughout the country, plus Ontario, and widely ranging in age, the staff showcases a wide variety of diverse opinions that will keep you coming back for more week in and week out.
A daily email update (Monday through Friday) providing racing news, commentary, features, and information from Frontstretch.com
We hate spam. Your email address will not be sold or shared with anyone else.