(Wikipedia defines a bromance as a “close, but non-sexual relationship between two men, a form of ‘homosocial intimacy'” — as mentioned in Phil Allaway’s rundown of last weekend’s broadcast.)
10. Teresa Earnhardt and her 100% of nothing. Oh yeah, there is Chip Ganassi in there too – with Felix Sabates watching. (I guess, since Teresa is a girl, it would be a “gromance?”)
9. Anyone in the NASCAR media center and the late, great David Poole.
8. Kyle Busch and Kyle Busch (this is more likely a full-fledged romance).
7. Mark Martin and any of “the guys that gave me such a great car tonight. It was just a blast to drive.”
6. FOX and the damn gopher.
5. DW and Kyle Busch. (Usually it is DW and Dale Earnhardt Jr., but there has been nothing to love about him lately – I think DW is trying to make him jealous.)
4. Dale Jr. and Tony Eury Jr. (If they both are as good as they claim the other is and they still aren’t winning, how else do you explain the two still being together?)
3. Chad and Jimmie Johnson.
2. Obviously not Larry McReynolds and any English professors.
1. Brian France and any dead president whose picture happens to be on a small, green piece of paper.
About the author
The Frontstretch Staff is made up of a group of talented men and women spread out all over the United States and Canada. Residing in 15 states throughout the country, plus Ontario, and widely ranging in age, the staff showcases a wide variety of diverse opinions that will keep you coming back for more week in and week out.
A daily email update (Monday through Friday) providing racing news, commentary, features, and information from Frontstretch.com
We hate spam. Your email address will not be sold or shared with anyone else.