Home / News / In Case You Missed It: Friday, May 8, 2009

In Case You Missed It: Friday, May 8, 2009

Lowe’s Hosting “Quarter-Mile Cookout”

Lowe’s Motor Speedway announced on Wednesday that they will be holding a “Coca-Cola Quarter Mile Cookout”, using the nation’s largest barbecue grill, which measures 1,320 feet. The grill requires 7,000 pounds of Kingsford charcoal to operate. The grill will serve food to fans attending the Coca-Cola 600 on May 24.

The grill is oval shaped and will be tended to by the Food Network’s Tyler Florence. Several drivers will be helping Tyler, including Clint Bowyer and Bobby Labonte.

“Throughout our celebration of our 50th year, we’ve created new ways to add value for our ticketholders,” said Marcus Smith, president and general manager of Lowe’s Motor Speedway. “This will be a terrific family event for our Coca-Cola 600 customers and a chance for both the speedway and Coca-Cola to thank them for their loyal support.”

Dover Speedway To Host NASCAR Celebrity Billiards Shootout

Dover Speedway will be hosting the “Budweiser Celebrity Billiards Shootout”, a charity event, at the Dover Downs Hotel & Casino during the race weekend of May 29. Tickets are $15 for general admission and $30 for VIP seating.

There will be several NASCAR drivers and celebrities participating, including Ryan Newman, Hermie Sadler, Jamie Little, and Shannon Spake. Former NFL star Herschel Walker will also be playing in the tournament.

“We’re happy to announce the return of the Budweiser Celebrity Billiards Shootout to Dover Downs Hotel & Casino during race weekend in Dover,” said George Fiorile, vice president and general manager of operations for the hotel. “The tournament was such a hit last September that it was a no-brainer to bring it back. Fans, participants and the media alike enjoyed the special event and it should be a lot of fun again this year.”

Cardinal Motorsports Releases Crew Member For Violation Of Drug Policy

After NASCAR made the announcement on Tuesday that a Cardinal Motorsports crew member had been suspended for violation of the drug policy, Cardinal Motorsports confirmed that Richard Gray has been released.

The team released this statement regarding the decision, “Cardinal Motorsports maintains a zero tolerance policy, and the crew member in question has been released from the No. 77 Nationwide Series team. It is an unfortunate situation for everyone involved, and has been addressed expeditiously so that the team can return its focus to performance on the track. Cardinal Motorsports respects and appreciates NASCAR’s action in this matter.”

Support Frontstretch on Patreon

About Frontstretch Staff

Frontstretch Staff
The Frontstretch Staff is made up of a group of talented men and women spread out all over the United States and Canada. Residing in 15 states throughout the country, plus Ontario, and widely ranging in age, the staff showcases a wide variety of diverse opinions that will keep you coming back for more week in and week out.

Check Also

John Hunter Nemechek Joins Front Row Motorsports for 2020, Michael McDowell Returning

Front Row Motorsports will have a new driver for the 2020 NASCAR Cup Series season. …