10. Tony Eury Jr. saying “What the … ?” on the radio when Patrick mentions the car has “over-steer.”
9. A long line of lonely pit lizards outside the Nationwide Series garage.
8. Morgan Shepherd’s Racing With Jesus/Fans for Faith Toyota being the least-noticed green car in the race.
7. Michael Waltrip offering to spend extra time with Patrick in the motorhome lot to teach her the tricks of the trade.
6. Every wife and girlfriend on pit road keeping one eye on their man, the other on Patrick, and hoping their eyes don’t cross.
5. Someone hatching the genius idea of a commercial that includes both the GoDaddy.com girls and Kevin Conway’s ExtenZe car.
4. An awkward silence if Tony Stewart tries his “slap the butt while they’re being interviewed” routine on her before the race.
3. A possible pit-road catfight between her and Delana Harvick if Patrick wrecks Kevin.
2. Not seeing coverage of any other driver in the race on TV.
1. Jamie Little stopping by Patrick’s car after the race and persuading her that she has what it takes to be a GoDaddy.com girl. See more at GoDaddy.com. (WARNING: website content unrated).
Listen to Doug weekly on The Allan Vigil Ford Lincoln Mercury Speedshop racing show with host Captain Herb Emory each Saturday, from 12-1 p.m., on News/Talk 750 WSB in Atlanta and on wsbradio.com. Doug also hosts the “Chase Elliott Podcast” and the “Bill Elliott Racing Podcast” on ChaseElliott.com and BillElliott.com.
Follow Doug on Facebook and Twitter
A daily email update (Monday through Friday) providing racing news, commentary, features, and information from Frontstretch.com
We hate spam. Your email address will not be sold or shared with anyone else.