10. DW looking into a mirror and singing, “Mirror, Mirror on the Wall, who’s the best announcer of them all?”
9. Michael Waltrip saying every sponsor he’s ever had in reverse alphabetical order.
7. A selection of magic tricks from legendary NASCAR commentator and noted pacifist Bill Weber.
6. Tony Stewart eating 45 Martinsville hot dogs in 10 minutes.
5. ZZ Top.
4. Kyle Petty.
3. Jeremy Mayfield, a lighter and some cough medicine.
2. Kevin Conway’s tripod trick.
1. NASCAR getting on stage and holding a town hall meeting to get helpful feedback from its cherished fans.
Listen to Doug weekly on the Allan Vigil Ford Lincoln Mercury Speedshop race show with host Captain Herb Emory, Saturdays from 12-1 p.m. on News/Talk 750 WSB in Atlanta and wsbradio.com. Doug also hosts the Chase Elliott and Bill Elliott Racing Podcasts on ChaseElliott.com and BillElliott.com.
About the author
The Frontstretch Staff is made up of a group of talented men and women spread out all over the United States and Canada. Residing in 15 states throughout the country, plus Ontario, and widely ranging in age, the staff showcases a wide variety of diverse opinions that will keep you coming back for more week in and week out.