10. Caught Tony Stewart spraying Axe on himself, going into a nightclub and walking out with drunk chicks that suddenly wanted to bathe him.
9. Company execs wouldn’t develop a “Burger King Whopper” scent.
8. Stewart has a desire to become a Gillette Young Gun… and age hasn’t seemed to be a qualifier for that program in a while.
7. Old Spice saw bigger marketing opportunities with Kevin Conway and ExtenZe, for a “Products You Can Use To Get Lucky on a Date” campaign.
6. The Russian woman from the Swagger commercials are suing Stewart for sexual harassment.
5. Stewart ate so many drumsticks at the 2009 Swagger commercial shoot that Old Spice had to cut future spending.
4. PR man Mike Arning lost the famous Old Spice towel that adorned Stewart in post-race interviews for years.
3. The disgruntled media bribed Old Spice to leave Stewart-Haas Racing. Payback hurts, huh Tony?
2. Women didn’t like the picture of Tony staring at them from their husbands’ Old Spice body wash bottles in the shower.
1. Focus groups furiously voted against a shirtless Stewart Old Spice commercial.
Listen to Doug weekly on The Allan Vigil Ford Lincoln Mercury Speedshop racing show with host Captain Herb Emory each Saturday, from 12-1 p.m., on News/Talk 750 WSB in Atlanta and on wsbradio.com. Doug also hosts podcasts on ChaseElliott.com and BillElliott.com.