* I’m thankful for the fact that IndyCar will finally see the return of the Triple Crown in 2013. Indianapolis, Pocono, and Fontana give IndyCar three major races that will help keep the series in the news throughout he year.
* I’m thankful to finally have an American IndyCar champion once again in Ryan Hunter-Reay. Apologies to the international drivers who have won the IndyCar crown, but this series is in desperate need of American drivers who can reignite passion for the sport in the United States.
* I’m thankful for the possibility of Lotus not returning to IndyCar in 2013. I will however miss being able to use the maligned engine supplier as a punchline in my race reviews next season.
* I’m thankful for Takuma Sato and E.J. Viso’s banzai moves and general haphazardness on the racetrack. Without those two the IZOD IndyCar Series would be at least 75% less entertaining.
* I’m thankful for Will Power’s facial expressions and liberal use of obscene gesturing when he is angry. One can only hope we see the return of the Power-patented “double-bird” in 2013.
* I’m thankful for Bob Jenkins, and all of the incredible and inspiring work he has done as a motorsports broadcaster all throughout his career. His absence will very much be felt next year as the NBC Sports Network looks for someone to fill his role in 2013.
* I’m thankful that IndyCar and Dallara took the bull by the horns and came up with a very safe and raceable car in the DW12. Now if only we can get those aero kits….
A daily email update (Monday through Friday) providing racing news, commentary, features, and information from Frontstretch.com
We hate spam. Your email address will not be sold or shared with anyone else.