The weather wasn’t cooperating Friday morning at Kansas Speedway and no one knows that better than Team Chevy.
— Jon Edwards (@JonEdwards24) October 3, 2014
Sprinkles started early and eventually turned into a steady downpour with strong winds, forcing ARCA Racing Series final practice to be postponed until later in the day. Qualifying was cancelled, so the season finale will be lined up by owner points.
Several on-track activities are scheduled for the rest of the day, though the weather is supposed to clear up by then. The weather forced some scheduling changes for the day, which are listed below.
On-track activities will continue as follows:
- NASCAR Sprint Cup Series practice – 1:00PM-2:30PM ET on FS1 (or whenever track is dry)
- ARCA Racing Series practice – 2:45PM-3:45PM ET (not televised) (qualifying cancelled, will lineup owner points)
- NASCAR Nationwide Series final practice on ESPN2 – 4PM-5:30PM ET (first practice was cancelled)
- NASCAR Sprint Cup Series qualifying on ESPN2 – 5:45PM ET
- ARCA race on FS2 – 8:30PM ET