Frontstretch’s Truck Series content is presented by American Trucks
It’s already been a great week for 22-year-old Austin Hill.
Hill dominated the NASCAR K&N Pro Series East race at New Smyrna Speedway last Sunday night, and she followed it Thursday with winning the first NASCAR Camping World Truck Series practice session at Daytona International Speedway for the NextEra Energy Resources 250, driving the No. 82 Empire Racing Ford F-150 at a speed of 188.509 mph.
It’s an encouraging start to the week, but Hill is not locked in to the race just yet. If he does qualify, it’ll be his third start in the series, following two starts in 2014.
Second on the list was former series champion Travis Kvapil, driving the No. 94 truck this weekend for Jay Robinson. He came in at a speed of 188.419 mph.
All but one truck practiced during the session.
It was the first of two practice sessions on Thursday for the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series. The teams will have their second and final practice session at 3:30 p.m. ET on Thursday.
2015 NextEra Energy Resources 250 Practice No. 1 Results–
- 82 Austin Hill A&D Welding Ford 47.743
- 94 Travis Kvapil Chargebacks 911 Chevrolet 47.766
- 05 John Wes Townley Zaxby’s Chevrolet 47.851
- 88 Matt Crafton DampRid/Menard’s Chevrolet 47.892
- 33 Ty Dillon Rheem/Gemaire Chevrolet 47.922
- 20 Scott Lagasse Jr Alert Today FL/Boy Scouts of America Chevrolet 47.963
- 14 Daniel Hemric California Clean Power Chevrolet 47.965
- 17 Timothy Peters Red Horse Racing Toyota 47.977
- 31 James Buescher GunBrocker.com Chevrolet 47.979
- 25 Matt Tifft Federated Auto Parts Toyota 47.980
- 84 Chris Fontaine Chris Fontaine Inc. Toyota 47.986
- 11 Ben Kennedy Local Motors Toyota 48.000
- 54 Justin Boston BitPay Toyota 48.005
- 13 Cameron Hayley Cabinets by Hayley Toyota 48.052
- 15 Mason Mingus 811 Call Before You Dig Chevrolet 48.105
- 35 Justin Marks AmericanBornMoonshine/GoPro Toyota 48.146
- 19 Tyler Reddick DrawTite Ford 48.146
- 4 Eric Jones Toyota Toyota 48.152
- 23 Spencer Gallagher Allegience Travel Chevrolet 48.153
- 29 Austin Theriault Cooper Standard Ford 48.153
- 98 Johnny Sauter Smokey Mountain/Curb Records Toyota 48.301
- 8 Joe Nemechek swmtx.com/D.A.B. Construction Toyota 48.322
- 51 Daniel Suarez ARRIS Toyota 48.367
- 02 Tyler Young AKL Insurance Group/Randco Chevrolet 48.424
- 99 Bryan Silas Kapoya Pemium Energy Drink Chevrolet 48. 576
- 68 Clay Greenfield 1-800-PAVEMENT Chevrolet 48.585
- 92 David Gilliland BlacksTire/GoodyearFleetHQ/TimCooksey Ford 48.814
- 63 Justin Jennings Segpay Chevrolet 49.097
- 6 Norm Benning Chevrolet 49.414
- 10 Jennifer Jo Cobb Driven2Honor.org Chevrolet 50.227
- 07 Ray Black Jr ScubaLife.com Chevrolet 50.597
- 74 Jordan Anderson Tri-Analytics Chevrolet 50.735
- 40 Todd Peck Arthritis Foundation Chevrolet 50.744
- 08 Korbin Forrister Tilted Kilt Chevrolet 51.016
- 50 Cody Ware Lilly Trucking/Burnie Grill/Bubba Burger 51.798
- 28 Ryan Ellis FDNY Chevrolet 53.374
A daily email update (Monday through Friday) providing racing news, commentary, features, and information from Frontstretch.com
We hate spam. Your email address will not be sold or shared with anyone else.