Motor Racing Outreach’s Better Half Dash is coming back, this time on the iRacing platform, MRO announced Wednesday (April 28).
Women involved in NASCAR will drive Legend Cars on the virtual Texas Motor Speedway on June 10, days before the NASCAR Cup Series’ All-Star Race on the real surface.
The iRacing event highlights the women’s contributions to the sport and raises money for charity.
Drivers competing in the Better Half iRacing Dash include Kelley Earnhardt Miller, Co-Owner and VP of JR Motorsports, Bobby Labonte’s wife Kristin Labonte, Christopher Bell’s wife Morgan Bell, and Chase Briscoe’s wife Marissa Briscoe.
The following drivers will also race in the event:
– Megan Smith, Regan Smith’s wife
– Jenna Petty, Harrison Burton’s girlfriend
– Tammy Rice, wife of Kaulig Racing President Chris Rice
– Julia Piquet, Daniel Suarez’s girlfriend
– Jennifer Self, Austin Wayne Self’s wife and reigning Better Half Dash champion in 2017
– Karissa Flores, wife of Team Penske No. 2’s front tire changer Ryan Flores
– Alexa De Leon, girlfriend of Tyler Reddick
Jennifer Self took home the last Better Half Dash title after winning at Charlotte Motor Speedway in October 2017, while Tammy Rice came home second.
Each driver’s significant other will serve as crew chief.
Two drivers who raise the most money for their respective charity earns an advantage in qualifying. The winner of the Better Half iRacing Dash gets $10,000 for their charity.
The event will air live on June 10 at 6 p.m. ET on Fox Sports 1.
A daily email update (Monday through Friday) providing racing news, commentary, features, and information from Frontstretch.com
We hate spam. Your email address will not be sold or shared with anyone else.