10. Pulverize a water bottle before and after the race.
10. If Mark Martin would have won at Texas, as I predicted in last week’s Mirror Driving.
In honor of this week’s midterm elections, here are some candidates and causes that drivers and others in NASCAR donated toward.
10. Kevin Conway to Robby Gordon: Little daily pills to make his NASCAR racing budget larger.
1. Like professional wrestling, they still think NASCAR racing is real!
9. The No. 88 team honestly thought the top 20 made the Chase, failing to realize the newest Dale Earnhardt Jr. rule doesn’t go into effect until 2011.
15. Jeff Gordon never worked in a Chinese sweat shop.
6. “I just mixed cold medicine and Adderall. I hope NASCAR doesn’t test me!”
4. They got tired of NASCAR officials scrutinizing their car every week for an “oversized driveshaft.”
10. Overcompensate from the fuel-saving move he made at Sonoma in June by over-revving the engine on caution laps and jumping the flag on the restart.