(Note: We are currently full on contributors for 2019; however, you are welcome to send us an audition and we can keep your application on file for future opportunities.)
Are you looking for a fast-growing website that can give you an opportunity to not only share your thoughts on racing but have FUN doing it with a group of laid-back, dedicated personnel? Well, we have the place for you. Frontstretch is now actively seeking multiple writer positions for our staff; jobs would begin in February 2019.
Our website is one of the most popular NASCAR sites on the internet, on pace to reach between over 1.5 million page views this year. It’s a great place to both begin and continue your writing career, and over the years many distinguished Frontstretch alumni have moved on to careers in public relations and NASCAR writing all over the U.S. Several other writers here have hosted radio, podcasts and associated themselves with national publications such as Athlon Sports, CBS, FOX and more.
So, what are the qualifications to become part of the Frontstretch family (if we have an opening to use you)? Simple. As long as you can write clearly and make your reader think, dream, laugh, cry, swear or hunt you down and beat you to a pulp, then you’re just who we are looking for!
For those who are interested in auditioning, we’d like you to write three articles based on the themes below:
- The first will be a 250-to-500-word news article about a 2019 storyline. This piece should not be commentary or opinion; there should be a hard news focus. You’ll have to write pretty tightly for this one, a basic writing skill.
- The second article will be a commentary of around 1,000 words on what one change you think NASCAR (or INDYCAR) needs to make and why. You’ll also detail what the best solution is to the problem. This particular piece focuses on a specific topic in which you can make your unique voice heard. Not only should this column have a point, but it should come across in both a creative and exciting way. In other words, don’t just speak your mind without a firm foundation. Give your opinion, but make sure it’s supported by facts. If you can do all that and come across as convincing — with your own personal style — then you’ve got as good a shot as any to move on to the next step.
- Now, that third and final article is where you get to spread your wings a little bit — and it should have NOTHING to do with NASCAR. That’s right; even an article about why you should write for Frontstretch will result in an automatic disqualification. Instead, write about anything else you can think of that doesn’t involve racing. There’s no word limit on this one, either; just don’t make it a storybook. Remember, with any type of audition piece, the longer it is, the more impressive it must be to retain its audience. If we like your first two articles, we’ll read this one to see if you can fill a spot we need here. And if we like all three, we’ll definitely be in touch for an interview!
How do you get in touch? Simply email these three examples to our editors at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll go from there.
Frontstretch has an opening for a Sales Manager. This position reports directly to the owner of the site. Work with one of the fastest-growing true racing journalism shops that primarily covers NASCAR while also housing IndyCar, Sports Cars, NHRA and Formula 1 information. This family-oriented, hard-working group is looking to grow its advertising base along with its audience.
Job Responsibilities: Short-Term
- Work with current advertising clients to maximize their relationships and branding with Frontstretch
- Work with our social media lead to engage in sales initiatives through our Facebook and Twitter platforms
- Work with the owner to develop a team of Sales Representatives working under the auspices of our Frontstretch mission and philosophy
- Work with the owner and management team to generate ideas for sales contests and motivational initiatives
- Track sales team metrics and report data to leadership on a weekly basis
Job Responsibilities: Long-Term
- Work with the owner and management team to develop long-term sales financial objectives
- Identify and attend racing-related sales conferences to further build sales network and engage Frontstretch in the racing community
- Work with management in revising and updating our long-term growth plan for the site
- Sales experience within racing strongly preferred
- Basic knowledge of Google Analytics and WordPress preferred
- College degree in sales and marketing or related experience
Frontstretch.com LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Interested applicants should email email@example.com with a cover letter, resume and references.