Updated June 15, 2022
Frontstretch is one of the most popular, distinguished NASCAR sites on the internet, reaching over 3.2 million page views in 2021 while winning multiple National Motorsports Press Association awards for its journalism.
It’s a great place to both begin and continue your writing career, and over the years many distinguished Frontstretch alumni have moved on to careers in public relations and NASCAR writing all over the U.S. Several other writers here have hosted radio, podcasts and associated themselves with national publications such as Athlon Sports, CBS, FOX, Jayski, NASCAR.com, NBC and more.
- Frontstretch.com LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Interested applicants for Editorial/Management should email email@example.com with a cover letter, resume and references.
- For writing positions, there’s a specific audition process. Please read the Contributors section below.
Current 2022 Openings
- 1 Sales Manager
- 1 Sales Intern
Frontstretch is looking for a commission-based sales manager to join our team on a part-time basis. One of the fastest-growing racing journalism websites out there, the website features…
- 70%, 12% and 50% growth in the last three seasons – two of them occurring during a pandemic
- Diverse staff located across the country focused on NASCAR, ARCA, F1, IndyCar, dirt racing and more
- Recent interest and partnerships from national brands and Fortune 500 companies
Sales Manager Objectives
- Represent our company, with a comprehensive understanding of our offerings and our mission
- Create, optimize and adjust Frontstretch sales and marketing plan
- Generate leads for Frontstretch sponsorship and support
- Track, analyze, and communicate key quantitative metrics and business trends as they relate to partner relationships
- Nurture client relationships the website already has while gauging sponsor satisfaction
- Manage a team of 2-3 sales & marketing assists
- Previous racing sales experience or a background in motorsports
- In-depth knowledge of Google Analytics
Interested parties should email firstname.lastname@example.org with their resume and references.
Frontstretch is looking for a seasonal intern to work with our growing sales team. This position is unpaid but will offer class credit to eligible college students looking to fulfill graduation requirements.
Sales Intern Objectives
- Assist Frontstretch sales manager in researching and generating lists of potential customers
- Help maintain and update customer database of current clients, recent contacts and potential partnerships
- Help develop client relationships as needed while closing deals
- Assist in maintaining existing accounts and addressing needs as required
Interested parties should email email@example.com with their resume and references.
Are you looking for a fast-growing website that can give you an opportunity to not only share your thoughts on racing but have FUN doing it with a group of laid-back, dedicated personnel? Well, we have the place for you.
- None at this time, but you are welcome to submit an application if you choose.
So, what are the qualifications to become part of the Frontstretch family? Simple. As long as you can write clearly and make your reader think, dream, laugh, cry, swear or hunt you down and beat you to a pulp, then you’re just who we are looking for!
For those interested in auditioning, we’d like you to write three articles based on the themes below:
- 1: A 250- to 500-word news article about a 2022 NASCAR storyline with a hard news focus. (No commentary or opinion, please).
- 2: A commentary of around 1,000 words on what one change you think NASCAR (or INDYCAR) needs to make and why. You’ll also detail what the best solution is to the problem. Not only should this column have a point, but it should come across in both a creative and exciting way. In other words, don’t just speak your mind without a firm foundation; any opinion should be solidly supported by facts.
- 3: A piece that has NOTHING to do with NASCAR. That’s right; even an article about why you should write for Frontstretch will result in an automatic disqualification. Instead, write about anything else you can think of that doesn’t involve racing. There’s no word limit on this one; just remember, with any type of audition piece, the longer it is, the more impressive it must be to retain its audience.
Simply email these three examples to our editors at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll go from there!
A daily email update (Monday through Friday) providing racing news, commentary, features, and information from Frontstretch.com
We hate spam. Your email address will not be sold or shared with anyone else.